- Reduce the frequency of sweet treats
- Have a sweet treat only at meal times. A mouth that is already producing saliva will do a better job of fighting off the acid attack as saliva helps to; neutralise the acids, wash away food bits and repair the early effects of tooth decay by re-mineralising tooth enamel
- Drink a glass of tap water after eating your Easter eggs. This helps to wash away the sugars that create acids and cause decay. The fluoride found in tap water also helps to protect your teeth.
- Replace your toothbrush regularly (every three or four months or as soon as it looks worn)
- Brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste twice a day but please make sure you wait for at least half an hour after eating sugary foods such as Easter eggs before brushing your teeth. This is because sugary foods soften the enamel and if brushed immediately, there is a danger that you will erode the enamel
Wishing you all a very Happy Easter from CK Dental